[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #393: shp2pgsql returns "fseek(-xxx) failed on DBF file." for large (>2GB) DBF files

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 24 12:35:09 PST 2012

#393: shp2pgsql returns "fseek(-xxx) failed on DBF file." for large (>2GB) DBF
files
-----------------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  maximeguillaud                     |       Owner:  pramsey
     Type:  defect                             |      Status:  new

Comment(by pramsey):

 Shapelib 1.3.0b has this
 {{{
 #ifndef SAOffset
 typedef unsigned long SAOffset;
 #endif
 }}}
 which seems reasonable enough to be. An unsigned integer gets us to 4GB,
 so we max out 32 bit systems. The definition of off_t at least on OSX is
 of a signed value, so that means we could support large files on 64bit but
 not on 32bit. Not good enough? As Mark says, our best bet is just to track
 shapelib closely.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/393#comment:14>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>