[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #393: shp2pgsql returns "fseek(-xxx) failed on DBF file." for large (>2GB) DBF files

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Jan 29 18:49:15 PST 2012

#393: shp2pgsql returns "fseek(-xxx) failed on DBF file." for large (>2GB) DBF
files
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  maximeguillaud  |       Owner:  pramsey
      Type:  defect          |      Status:  closed
 Component:  loader/dumper   |     Version:  1.5.X
Resolution:  fixed           |    Keywords:  shp2pgsql fseek failed large file
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
Changes (by pramsey):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 OK, hearing nothing more I've taken the original dfurhry patch and wrapped
 in some autoconf testing for fseeko to hopefully guard platforms that
 don't have it.

 I've also pulled our shapelib up to the b3 release, but it still has
 custom stuff for our date and boolean handling. I've submitted patches on
 those changes into the shapelib tracker, so maybe some day in the future
 we'll be able to track a clean shapelib.

 In trunk at r8967.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/393#comment:21>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>