[postgis-devel] Regarding ticket #1939

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jul 30 03:43:20 PDT 2012

Not harder.  There is a DROP TYPE IF EXISTS (prior to 9.1) but no mechanism
to ALTER is the issue until 9.1+.

The only issue is if people were building functions on top of them
And using the out as an out for their own functions.  We can write that in
as a breaking change.

I suppose if you don't plan to change these we could live with them since
9.1 will probably be the minimal in 2.2 or 2.3