[postgis-devel] type agg_samealignment does not exist

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:03:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

Il giorno lun, 25/06/2012 alle 15.00 -0700, dustymugs ha scritto:
> Salvatore,
>
> I'm guessing you're looking to move up from PostGIS 2.0.x to PostGIS
> -trunk?  If so, you can't use rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql as-is since
> that upgrade file is for upgrading within the 2.0 code base.
>
> Since you're trying to use -trunk, I'm assuming you don't mind some
> risk.  You can still use rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql with the
> following modification though...
>
> Look for the following function:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION _st_samealignment_transfn(agg
> agg_samealignment, rast raster)
>
> Before that line, provide the following:
>
> CREATE TYPE agg_samealignment AS (
>     refraster raster,
>     aligned boolean
> );
>
> That should take care of the agg_samealignment missing issue.
>
> -bborie

I upgraded to the latest trunk and I am getting alike error with
addbandarg[] type:

rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql:743: ERROR:  type addbandarg[] does not
exist

so I following your hint and added this in
rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql:

CREATE TYPE addbandarg AS (
    index int,
    pixeltype text,
    initialvalue float8,
    nodataval float8
);

before of:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION st_addband(rast raster, addbandargset
addbandarg[])

Then I re-run the script and I get:

rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql:4330: ERROR:  operator does not exist:
raster && geometry
LINE 3:  AS $$ SELECT $1 && ST_Expand(ST_ConvexHull($3), $5) AND $3 ...
                         ^
HINT:  No operator matches the given name and argument type(s). You
might need to add explicit type casts.

Any idea on how solves it?

Kind Regards,

-SL