[postgis-devel] topology expectations?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 26 05:23:06 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:12:23PM +0200, Jose Carlos Martinez wrote:

> 4.- I did many many tests with different variations to the JTS
> algorithm even designing new algorithms (checking validity and
> according to that moving the selected vertex or segments).  The
> tests told me that these algorithm had a better behaviour but they
> still couldnt work in 100% of the cases (*)

For the use I make of ST_Snap it'd be acceptable to introduce
geometries with collapsed portions, as I know about them and I
do clean them afterwards. What is unacceptable is for A snapping
to self introducing changes. I think always snapping to the closest
vertex would do fine, assuming the input is valid.

Did you try doing that ?

--strk;