[postgis-devel] Can't build doc on Windows (ticket #1692)

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Mar 26 07:57:10 PDT 2012

So I gave another attempt at building on Windows 7 bypassing the doc problem. Some observations:

1) If xsltproc is absent. Make install fails like this:

configure was unable to find 'xsltproc' which is required
to build the documentation.
Install xsltproc and then re-run configure. Alternatively
refer to online manual:

  http://www.postgis.org/docs

cat postgis.xml | sed -e "s/@@LAST_RELEASE_VERSION@@/2.0.0beta5SVN/g" -e "s;@@MATHML_PATH@@;http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/mathml2.dtd;g
" > postgis-out.xml
/c/projects/pg/pg90/bin/xmllint --loaddtd --xinclude --valid postgis-out.xml > /dev/null
warning: failed to load external entity "postgis_aggs_mm.xml"
postgis-out.xml:151: parser error : Failure to process entity postgis_aggs_mm
  &postgis_aggs_mm;
                   ^
postgis-out.xml:151: parser error : Entity 'postgis_aggs_mm' not defined
  &postgis_aggs_mm;
                   ^
make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/projects/postgis/doc'
make: *** [docs-check] Error 2

2)  If I install xsltproc from ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/libxslt-1.1.26.win32.zip and rerun configure: