[postgis-devel] Can't build doc on Windows (ticket #1692)

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 26 08:19:18 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:57:10AM -0400, Pierre Racine wrote:
> So I gave another attempt at building on Windows 7 bypassing the doc problem. Some observations:
>
> 1) If xsltproc is absent. Make install fails like this:

> /c/projects/pg/pg90/bin/xmllint --loaddtd --xinclude --valid postgis-out.xml > /dev/null

I can't see any good reason why "make install" should be running xmllint

> 2)  If I install xsltproc from ftp://ftp.zlatkovic.com/libxml/libxslt-1.1.26.win32.zip and rerun configure:
> /mingw/bin/xsltproc ./xsl/postgis_aggs_mm.xml.xsl postgis-out.xml > postgis_aggs_mm.xml
> error : No such file or directory
> postgis-out.xml:11: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/mathml2.dtd"
> %mathml;

This one I don't understand. Did that process have access to the net ?
Did xsltproc try to fetch that DTD at all ?

> 3) I have no idea how to enable xsltproc.exe to fetch the DTDs from the web if this is the problem. strk was speaking about passing some arguments to it setting this flag: XSLTPROCFLAGS=''. How? There does not seem to be any option to "allow" it to fetch from the web. There seems to be a "dissallow" option though (--nonet).

The option was actually to _allow_ fetching things from the net,
whereas the default should have been --nonet (do not).
But I don't see the call above using --nonet either, do you ?

I'll leve the windows related questions to others...

--strk;