[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1813: geometry_columns / geography_column table fails to take into account user permissions to table (was: geometry_columns table fails to take into account the current schema search_path)

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 14 09:12:14 PDT 2012

#1813: geometry_columns / geography_column  table fails to take into account user
permissions to table
 Reporter:  chander  |       Owner:  pramsey
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new

Comment(by robe):

 The geometry_columns view should follow the permission of
 information_schema.tables.

 Meaning, we don't care about current search path as long as the user in
 question has SELECT, DELETE,UPDATE, or INSERT access to a table.

 Even if a table is not in the current search path, as user can explicitly
 select it by explicitly qualifying with the schema name, which many people
 prefer doing.

 That said it does seem like we are missing the:
  has_table_privilege(c.oid, 'SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, TRUNCATE,
 REFERENCES, TRIGGER'::text)

 criteria for both geometry_columns and geography_columns.  Not sure why we
 left that out (perhaps the name is different in 8.4), since I vaguely
 remember this coming up in conversation.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1813#comment:2>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>