[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1810: ST_MakeValid: slow with thousand elements multipolygons [Fixed by GEOS-3.3.4] (was: ST_MakeValid: slow with thousand elements multipolygons)

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 14 12:15:22 PDT 2012

#1810: ST_MakeValid: slow with thousand elements multipolygons [Fixed by
GEOS-3.3.4]
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  strk         |       Owner:  pramsey
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Old description:

> Following #1806 there's another case of big slowdown being multipolygons
> containing thousands of elements.
>
> Not sure I'll have the time to enhance this for 2.0.1

New description:

 Following #1806 there's another case of big slowdown being multipolygons
 containing thousands of elements.

 Not sure I'll have the time to enhance this for 2.0.1

 Let's leave it open until GEOS-3.3.4 is out

--

Comment(by strk):

 With GEOS revisions referenced in
 http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/ticket/545#comment:3 this MakeValid call takes
 30 seconds, with new slowest component being GEOSDifference (same as with
 #1806).

 Before that commit, MakeValid took 56 seconds.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1810#comment:3>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>