[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #1819: [raster] floating point issues with ST_World2RasterCoordX and ST_World2RasterCoordY

PostGIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue May 15 14:38:38 PDT 2012

#1819: [raster] floating point issues with ST_World2RasterCoordX and
ST_World2RasterCoordY
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dustymugs  |       Owner:  dustymugs
     Type:  defect     |      Status:  new
 For some rasters, I'm finding that the if I pass the upper left corner of
 a raster to ST_World2RasterCoord(X|Y), the function returns zero (0)
 instead of one (1).  After doing some digging, the problem arises from the
 computation taking place in plpgsql.

 Testing a plpgsql function calling the underlying C function
 rt_raster_geopoint_to_cell() that does the same process, the correct
 answer is consistently provided.

 I'll try to post a concise example once I find one.

 This should be backported to 2.0.x...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1819>
PostGIS <http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/>