[postgis-devel] Branch 2.0

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu May 17 08:33:48 PDT 2012

On 17 May 2012 15:28, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/05/12 15:24, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>
>>> I'd prefer to branch sooner rather than later, especially as there are
>>> likely to be some build changes related to Mateusz's CMake experiments in
>>> the pipeline.
>>

>> I was about to ask what should I do with CMake.
>> Shall we make dedicated branch on SVN?
>>
>> BTW, two hours in train last night were very productive on the CMake
>> front,
>> so I'd like to start committing to public repo for reviews and testing.
>

> Great news :)  I'd much prefer if you could work from a git-svn clone of the
> PostGIS repository and then upload the result to your github account. Then I
> can pull branches locally for testing without polluting the SVN history with
> slightly more experimental commits.

Mark,

I'd prefer to work against GitHub too, but I'm really confident with
sync'ing both ways. I lack of knowledge about which workflow is best
(yup, Git sucks giving too many ways to achieve same thing ;))
I've only mastered mirroring SVN repo in Git.
(my tool https://github.com/mloskot/pygit-svn-mirror).

So, if anyone could make a Wiki with quick steps outlining the workflow
for PostGIS devs using Git, that would be really helpful.

Best regards,