[postgis-devel] Branch 2.0

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Sun May 20 15:18:41 PDT 2012

On 17/05/12 16:33, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

>> Great news :)  I'd much prefer if you could work from a git-svn clone of the
>> PostGIS repository and then upload the result to your github account. Then I
>> can pull branches locally for testing without polluting the SVN history with
>> slightly more experimental commits.
>
> Mark,
>
> I'd prefer to work against GitHub too, but I'm really confident with
> sync'ing both ways. I lack of knowledge about which workflow is best
> (yup, Git sucks giving too many ways to achieve same thing ;))
> I've only mastered mirroring SVN repo in Git.
> (my tool https://github.com/mloskot/pygit-svn-mirror).
>
> So, if anyone could make a Wiki with quick steps outlining the workflow
> for PostGIS devs using Git, that would be really helpful.

Wasn't strk/Paul going to set up an unofficial git-svn mirror on github?
Once that is up, simply "git clone" the resulting repository, work from
that as required, and push any changes for review. I'm fairly confident
I can then set up a remote reference to your repository on my local
git-svn clone and pull your branches for testing.

In terms of commit, for the moment one of the core team needs to do that
by merging your branch after testing into a git-svn derived branch and
then committing as normal.

HTH,

Mark.