[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:43:36 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> On 30 November 2012 16:00, Bborie Park <dustymugs at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sandro Santilli wrote:
>>> Could that function figure if it's a "regular blocking" table by looking
>>> at other constraints and encode padding in those constraints ?
>>>

>> Not yet.  There are a few more functions that need to exist before a
>> "regular blocking" constraint can be added.  Those functions haven't
>> been written yet due to figuring out how to do some of the testing...
>
> My PL/PGSQL fu is lacking and I'm not sure what Sandro means in details,
> but is it possible to store static constant values within a constraint?
>
> If it is possible, then storing the two hard-coded float-point numbers
> of real spatial extent of the whole raster table coverage would do the trick,
> and without touching headers of individual rasters in rows.

We could do that and thus behave like the regular_blocking constraint
which does no actual constraining.  Though I'd rather just store the
"true" data extent as a geometry instead of having to compute it from
numbers.

All this can be done for 2.1.  I don't believe this can be done for
2.0 as it would be introducing 3 new constraint management functions
and modifications to AddRasterConstraints() and
DropRasterConstraints().

-bborie