[postgis-devel] [PostGIS] #2122: [raster] Real extent feature lost after metadata as views

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Nov 30 21:56:54 PST 2012

> Reading that thread made me laugh, especially considering the tone in this
email thread.  If anything, thorough tests need to be done on PostGIS raster
in real hardware (not virtualized) to see what optimizations are needed to
improve performance in accessing data and analysis.

That makes me laugh :)
You realize real hardware is a dying breed.  Only 5% of my clients (not
counting their desktops), run real hardware anymore.
If anything we need to test more virtually :)

Regina