[postgis-devel] pt_br docs

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:07:02 PDT 2012

Sure not a problem.

I thought it was something like that. I was using sublime as the text
editor and it kept finishing up the quotes for me.

I'm glad this build thought. I'll just update the file on my side and get
back to (re)creating the linux box, so I can run the gettext commands
myself.

Now a bit about the experiencie:

It's not easy to translate like that. gettext has some special tips and
tricks, but my guess is that once you learn them it becomes quite simple.

How would we do it in the case of an update? Imagine that we add a section
to the introduction. Whenever you generate the messages again, I'll only
have an extra blank message, correct?

Some people told me about transifex (https://www.transifex.com/). It's an
application that helps us translate these messages (you get a % number,
mark translations as safe, etc).

Perhaps we should look into it?

George