[postgis-devel] Transifex translation

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:32:36 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> I think we want a similar thing in house.
> Should be possible to do that with pootle.
> Did you look at it ?
>
> It would actually be cool to have it installed at osgeo level,
> sharing the existing accounts.
>
> --strk;

As for many projects it was delegated the code management and issue
tracking to github/bitbucket/whatever, it would make sense to me to
delegate to this service the translation effort.
Though the idea of a shared OSGeo Pootle/Transifex/Weblate/whatever
instance would be another good option, instead than deploying and
maintaining different instances.
One good way to start, in my opinion, would be to create a separate
osgeo mailing list for discussing translation infrastructure aspects,
and adopt a common way.

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net