[postgis-devel] Fwd: ST_DumpPoints in C

Nathan Wagner nw at hydaspes.if.org
Mon Oct 15 11:48:35 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 08:35:54PM +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> If you maintained a fork of the git repo currently on github it would
> have been easier to test, and less integration work for merging in...

I was unaware of any git repositories for postgis.  It was my
understanding that postgis was managed with subversion.

Also, by packaging it initially as an extension, people can use
it now, and in particular, I can use it now, without needing
a custom build of postgis.

The test cases I have are, I believe, equivalent to the tests
postgis uses for its own build tests, just modified to be
run under pgtap.

I thought that the integration work was best left to after the
basic code was deemed sound and integration-worthy by whomever
would make that decision.

--
nw