[postgis-devel] GSoC PostGIS Raster Ideas, Implement a set of geometry to raster functions

Ivan Alargic alarginjo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 07:11:42 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if the idea about implementation of geometry to raster
functions is still available for GSoC 2013?

I am particularly interested in the implementation of ST_Interpolate
function but I would be also ready to implement other geometry to raster
functions if it would be required.

This topic is interesting to me because it is related to my research about
storing and processing of LiDAR data in PostGIS. Moreover, I posses
experience with Triangle library, which I used to generate terrain models
from LiDAR data and interpolate elevation.

Regards,

Ivan Alargic
University of Novi Sad, Serbia