[postgis-devel] AddRasterConstraints failing to create extents in raster_column view

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:32:08 PDT 2013

No, you can't specify the criteria of a raster constraint.  What
you're forgetting is that even if you could set the criteria of the
constraint, the table still needs to inspect the data in the table to
ensure that the constraint isn't violated.  This inspection is where
most of the time is spent.

Based upon the output message, your PostGIS install is either 2.0.0 or
2.0.1.  Upgrade to 2.0.3 as some changes were made to attempt
alternate routes...

-bborie