[postgis-devel] Vote: Return backward compatibility on configure

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 15:15:30 PDT 2013

On 23/04/13 20:56, dustymugs wrote:

> Could we just support both?
>
> with-pgconfig AND with-pg_config
>
> -bborie

Years ago the original --with-* options had a mixture of hyphens and
underscores in their names, and I removed them during my last overhaul
because we kept getting complaints about people not being able build
PostGIS, which were because people kept getting their hyphens and
underscores confused between the various options.

Given that we haven't had a complaint since, I'd be inclined to keep the
old versions, especially given that it would suddenly invalidate a whole
lot of documentation overnight if this change were to stay. I'm
surprised this wasn't caught during review by committer rather than
post-commit though.

ATB,

Mark.