[postgis-devel] Subject=Re: Updates to address standardizer

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Aug 1 08:24:47 PDT 2013

On 8/1/2013 9:45 AM, Mitchell Gibbs wrote:
> Thanks very much for all of your work on integrating the PAGC address
> parser into PostGIS. I'm new to PostGIS and was getting frustrated with
> the old address parser. The PAGC standardizer took some time to figure
> out but now that's I've got it working the quality of the results is
> much better and the performance is a huge boost.
>
> I am finding a situation that is confounding the current version and I
> wondered if there might be a simple solution.
>
> If an apartment has a designation like "1SW", the standardizer returns
> nothing. (e.g. "12345 S EVANS RD APT 1SW, OAK PARK, IL 60453"). Changing
> the unit designation to 1S or 1W works fine.
>
> Any advice?

You can add the following rule to the rules table:

insert rules set rule='16 0 22 -1 16 17 17 -1 4 7';

This parses:

APT 1 SW as:

UNITH NUMBER DIRECT -> UNITH UNITT UNITT
   16    0     22    -1   16    17    17  -1 EXTRA RANK(7)

You wil have to read more about the rules in pagclib and the pagc docs.
You can also use pagc_stand to get some diagnostic output on how the
standardizer works.

-Steve