[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.1.0beta3 build issues on Ubuntu 13.04

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 17:43:04 PDT 2013

Yup, I definitely saw the changeset, and rc1 builds and checks without
issue on Debian and related. I updated the instructions on the wiki too.

-Mike

On 3 Aug 2013 09:07, "Paragon Corporation" <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> You should be all using PostGIS 2.1.0 rc1.  I believe Bborie revised this
between beta3 and rc1 so rc1 should not have the issue.

postgis-devel-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of maplabs at light42.com
> Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 1:21 PM
> To: PostGIS Development Discussion; Mike Toews
> Subject: Re: [postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.1.0beta3 build issues on Ubuntu
13.04

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:24:30 1200, Mike Toews <mwtoews at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I'm drafting up some build instructions for PostGIS 2.1 (beta3) on Ubuntu
13.04:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS21Ubuntu1304src
>
> However, I'm running into some linking problems related to "gdal-config
--dep-libs" that don't happen with PostGIS 2.0.3 on the same system (which
does not appear to call "gdal-config --dep-libs"). It seems that the GDAL
library linking flags don't work as expected with the gdal-dev package,
which I've submitted here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/gdal/ bug/1194082
>
> I'm no linking expert, but does raster2pgsql now require linking to
GDAL's dependencies? It does not appear to require these With PostGIS 2.0,
e.g.

> x--
>

> Hi Mike -
>

>   I do not have the asnwer to all challenges here, but I do want to make
you aware of a recent development. There is a package repository for
Ubuntu, called UbuntuGIS (based on DebianGIS, but slightly different)  In
order to install a full suite of OSGeo.org tools, a Google Summer of Code
student, '''jlarouche''' has completed a number of new packages (we are now
using them on the upcoming OSGeo Live 7.0)

>   In particular, I call your attention to  '''libgdal1h''' from
UbuntuGIS-unstable. I *strongly encourage* those interested in packaging
and documentation to consider this the new standard for building the Ubuntu
GIS tool set, including PostGIS 2.x. This is new work, but testing has
shown good results. I am not by any means a packaging expert, but I wanted
to let you know about this, so the community can work through the remaining
issues.

> --
>

>   in order to add UbuntuGIS-unstable to your repoisitories, you can add
this to your /etc/apt/sources.list.d/