[postgis-devel] Regrssion failures on 2.1.0 comparing to 2.0.3

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Aug 14 22:58:34 PDT 2013

I've been troubled a bit lately by these errors:

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2433 ( ST_ConcaveHull 2.1 regres
failure compared to 2.0.3)

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2431 ( Regression failure from
2.0.3-2.1.0 ST_Distance, ST_ClosestPoint, ST_ShortestLine etc. )

I'm not so much troubled that these fail under 2.1 (since they are higher
dimension geometreis which we would more likely use ST_3DDistance etc with)
except that we have no note of these suddenly not working.  What changed in
our ST_Distance and other code to do this.

I suspect the ST_ConcaveHull issue might have to do with the ST_ClosestPoint
failures or something.

At first I thought it might be something different with GEOS except I'm
using gEOS 3.5 on botht eh 2.0.3 tests and 2.1.0 tests (and its on the same
server install).

Anyway help with unraveling this mystery and decision to fix or just
annotate the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Regina