[postgis-devel] [Raster] Uploading multiple Raster files

ryagz raghavendra at vizexperts.com
Fri Feb 22 20:19:10 PST 2013

Hi,

I have a situation, in my application i need to provide a functionality to
upload multiple tiff files( say 100) at a time. And also provide
functionality to load all of them in a single shot.

One possible solution to this would be how raster cover works in
raster2pgsql, uploading all files to a single table. But wat i am worried is
wouldnt it reduce the loading performance if the raster table is too heavy.
And another concern would be if i have to load a subset of the images in the
table or combination of subsets from two different tables(that is some files
in one table and some from other) then would it be still possible to do it?

Or, is there any better mechanism for storing all different files in
different tables and still be able to satisfy my requirements?

Ryagz