[postgis-devel] http://website/docs/ST_Intersects

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Jan 31 09:33:38 PST 2013

Paul,

> Unfortunately on .net this is not available, you can only get to
> documentation by a specific version. On .org this existed, which was
> nice an terse.

> I think that having this on .net would eb nice, but in order to avoid
> having the versions interleaved we should probably have

> http://website/docs/ST_Intersects
> http://website/docs-2.0/ST_Intersects
> http://website/docs-1.5/ST_Intersects

> On the physical drives I have left everything untouched, but have
> added lines to apache config to make the above URL scheme work. If we
> update all our links, I can remove the old scheme after that.

Can we please change things back.

I'm okay with http://website/docs/ST_Intersects.html
Though I'd rather not publicize it.  To me that is just a convenience and
one I don't want search engines indexing since we deprecate function names
frequent enough for those kind of links to become broken.

We never had those other permutations and I'd really rather we not start
now.

The main issue I have is
1) Those don't have manual in the name and we have doxygen and may in the
future have workbooks and so forth that would rightfully fall under docs

2) It is on the same level with the rest of the site so can never be more or
less the same as the underlying structure, which is too much for my limited
memory to deal with.

Thanks,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us