[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1.0 RC1 release plan

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jul 7 18:36:09 PDT 2013

I'm only planning to be building PostgreSQL 9.3 with gcc 4.8 movign forward
(2.1).

The 2.1 for 9.2 and below I'll be building with the old chain.  This is
mostly because if I switch 9.2 and below to use the newer
chain I have to do the same for 2.0 sicne its possible windows users are
using both 2.0 and 2.1  A newer gcc build will corrupt the old 2.0
since they share the same dependencies.

Besides I want the 9.3 with newer gcc to be out in the field a bit before I
switch all to that.  I may have winnnie build 4.8 as well for the older for
people who have run into the outstanding error handling issues and who want
to try the new build. Also the SEH handling  (that the 4.8 64-bit uses) is
supposed to be faster the old long/short jump error handling for everything.
I haven't had a chance to bench mark taht to see if that is the case or not.

I've already switched Winnie to regress test the 9.3s (both 32,64) 2.1
against EDB distribute PostgreSQLs and will have the same shortly for 2.2
chain.  So far so good :).

Thanks,
Regina

  _____