[postgis-devel] PostGIS 2.1.0 RC1 is out -- please test

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 10 16:21:12 PDT 2013

The 2.1.0rc1 release of PostGIS is  now available:
http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-2.1.0rc1.tar.gz

Docs: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/doc-html-2.1.0rc1.tar.gz (html)
http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.1.0rc1.pdf (pdf)
http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.1.0rc1.epub (epub)

The PostGIS development team is proud to release a release candidate version
of upcoming PostGIS 2.1.0.
As befits a minor release, the focus is on speed improvements, more
features, and bug fixes.
We expect this to be the final release candidate before we officially
release 2.1.0 in a week or 2.
We'd appreciate it if you test it before final release and report
back with any issues you run into so we can have a smooth release.

If you are currently using PostGIS 2.0 (or 2.1.0 beta3) using extension
support, you can go the soft upgrade path:

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.1.0rc1";

If you are running 2.1.0 of a beta or an unreleased version
and the above step fails with error

 "extension postgis has no update path from version x.x.x to version
2.1.0rc1"

, you need to first copy the file
in share\extensions\postgis--2.0.3--2.1.0rc1.sql to
share\extensions\postgis-x.x.x--2.1.0rc1.sql  and change the x.x.x to the
exact version noted in the error message.

Then follow the above upgrade step again.

Users of 1.5 and below will need to go the hard-upgrade path.

Best served with a bottle of GEOS 3.4.0dev and PostgreSQL 9.3beta2.

Windows binaries are also available for PostgreSQL 9.3 (32/64-bit) ,
PostgreSQL 9.2 (32/64-bit), PostgreSQL 9.1 (64-bit), and PostgreSQL 9.0
(64-bit)
In addition for windows users you'll also find pgRouting 2.0 dev for
9.3,9.2, and 9.1 (which we will be packaging in the 9.3 and 9.2 stackbuilder
PostGIS installer)

http://postgis.net/windows_downloads

This release contains bug fixes completed since 2.1.0beta3 release:

**Bug Fixes**

 * #2378 	documentation: ST_CollectionExtract forms invalid polygons
 * #2307 	postgis: ST_MakeValid outputs invalid geometries
 * #2081 	postgis: installation from source fails

Happy testing,

Team PostgIS
http://postgis.net