[postgis-devel] TWKB in PostGIS, what do you think?

=?utf-8?Q?Nicklas_Av=E9n?= nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Wed Jun 12 23:55:59 PDT 2013

I think you are right Paul.
That would make it possible to use also on PostGIS 2.0 and 2.1 and also possible to release more frequent in the beginning.

I also realize that the interest from the client libraries is smaller than I had hoped. So it would be stupid to put code in PostGIS that won't be used.

To get things fast I think some javascript guru need to look at the client part and connect the parsing very close to the canvas drawing, to avoid all text based javascript objects.

There's no great harm in including it, but it's more code to maintain that is pretty prospective. Why not bundle up an extension against PostGIS? I was pleased with how easy it was to do pointcloud_postgis as an extension that depended on both.