[postgis-devel] TWKB in PostGIS, what do you think?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 16 07:20:20 PDT 2013

Even if we go the extensions model with TWKB, would like to see it managed
in PostGIS proper just because I suspect it will need direct dependency with
liblwgeom (which is not a stable API) and which pointcloud doesn't really
have to contend with. So it would still be an extra annoying compile to
experiment with.

Nicklas correct me if I am wrong on this.

Then I think it would follow the path of SFCGAL.  Except there isn't much
reason to exclude it since it has no extra dependencies aside from it isn't
stable yet and not sure how well adopted it would become.

Regina

  _____