[postgis-devel] Documentation process

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 17:43:06 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

The documentation process has stalled and the last email we had was a
discussion about which platform is better for translation - using the .po
.mo message files.

I've been reading about transifex a lot, and it's open-source.

There are some contributors available in Brazil who wish to start the
translation.

My company can offer a small instance server for holding out PostGIS
transifex and it's translation process. We would document the process and
allow PSC members admin access to the system and if necessary the machine
itself.

Depending on how hungry is the machine, we can even host other software's
in the same instance.

I'm willing to set this up, but I would like to see if there is real
interest, so we can upload the already translated files and invite the
whole community for translation.

Thoughts?
--
George R. C. Silva