[postgis-devel] Any chance we'll be releasing GEOS 3.4.0 before PostGIS 2.1 comes out

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jun 27 01:20:47 PDT 2013

It takes time to do releases.
If you can help with that, no problem with it.
The most time consuming part for me is going trough the bug tracker
and shift forward all milestones.

It's a pity that Voronoi won't make it in 3.4 if we release before
end of summer (it'll have to wait for 3.5). Also pity that there'll
be no exposure of precision/tolerance. Anyway waiting won't help,
it actually takes someone to do it :)

So, to recap: if you can help, with both 3.3.9 and 3.4.0, chances
are you'll get your release.

Better discussed in geos-devel.

--strk;