[postgis-devel] sql.in.c do we like not like?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Mar 20 20:49:55 PDT 2013

Recently strk made a change in trunk at  r11175, that screwed up on mingw-64
(haven't check my 32-bit) the ability to distiguish between different
versions of PostgreSQL.

Noted here: http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2239

This for 2.1 will affect my ability to build for PostgreSQL 9.0, but could
potentially (if we ever get that spgist stuff in there), my ability to build
for anything but PostgreSQL 9.3. Which would give me an excuse to goof off
and just point fingers at strk :)

However that aside, from a philosophical standpoint, I LIKE HAVING .sql
files that require C preprocessing to be suffixed with C.  I feel like we've
had this discussion like 5 years ago whether we should keep the .c or take
it out and decided to keep.

Note that we have other files that don't requires C processing like all the
extension added .sql.in files and so forth and other intermediary.

What's everyones feeling about this change?

In PostGIS soldarity,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us
http://postgis.net