[postgis-devel] Which intersection is faster?

Jorge Arévalo jorgearevalo at libregis.org
Sat Mar 23 11:12:46 PDT 2013

Ok, understood.

The point is I'm trying to make the GDAL PostGIS Raster driver faster, and the main bottleneck is in the intersection between raster columns and user requested window (I construct a polygon from the user's request coords and instersect that polygon with the raster data).

Swapping raster - vector objects was my first (naive) approach. Any (for sure smarter) suggestions are welcome.

--
Jorge Arevalo
Freelance developer

http://www.krop.com/jorgearevalo