[postgis-devel] GDAL dependancies - was PostGIS 2.1.0 beta2 is ready

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Mon May 13 15:57:18 PDT 2013

I introduced the idea of dropping MySQL from oridnary GDAL to the devs
a while back for this reason
. but 1.10 proceeded without change in that area..

Minimal GDAL definitely does not need a dozen or two packages ...

This topic is in flux - there is no optimal answer and user
requirements are changing too
in particular, I see standard support for MySQL is drying up in many
corners of OSS land

--
Brian M Hamin
OSGeo California Chapter