[postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed May 15 13:24:58 PDT 2013

On 15/05/13 14:28, Martin Spott wrote:

> Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> Sure, the extension/grep works properly now. Anyhow there are different
>> build issues on Solaris with SVN trunk (2.0.2 works fine) which I'll
>> try to outline as soon as time permits [...]
>
> Since release preparations for 2.1.0 had been announced, I tried SVN
> trunk on Solaris10.  See #2331
>
> Cheers,
> 	Martin.

I think this is a liblwgeom dependency problem rather than a
Solaris-specific problem. I've seen this recently when switching from
building 2.0 branch to 2.1 branch and it's because the build is picking
up liblwgeom from a PostGIS 2.0 installation already on the same machine.

The quick solution is to cd into liblwgeom and do a "make install" there
first, then go back to the main Makefile and you should find that the
build will complete successfully.

Strk - can you take a look at this with a matter of urgency? I managed
to recreate it by simply doing a complete build of PostGIS 2.0 followed
by PostGIS 2.1 on the same box from my git clone. Otherwise it's going
to trip up an awful lot of people trying to upgrade...

ATB,

Mark.