[postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Wed May 15 15:32:31 PDT 2013

On 15/05/13 23:22, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> What an unpredictable development...
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/postgis-devel/2011-September/014926.html

Indeed ;) The plan from my perspective was that the liblwgeom version
should always match that of the PostGIS release to ensure that multiple
versions of PostGIS can still exist happily together on the same box.
It's more a facility to share between our own utilities (reducing
executable sizes) and for happy hackers rather than a formal development
API.

So the actual bug is that the build system is choosing the pre-installed
system header rather than the locally-generated header at compile time -
perhaps the Makefile is missing a dependency somewhere?

ATB,

Mark.