[postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu May 16 05:48:59 PDT 2013

Martin Spott wrote:
> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>> On 15/05/13 14:28, Martin Spott wrote:
>
>>> Since release preparations for 2.1.0 had been announced, I tried SVN
>>> trunk on Solaris10.  See #2331
>
>> I think this is a liblwgeom dependency problem rather than a
>> Solaris-specific problem. I've seen this recently when switching from
>> building 2.0 branch to 2.1 branch and it's because the build is picking
>> up liblwgeom from a PostGIS 2.0 installation already on the same machine.
>
> Sure, I knew this could happen - and in order to ensure I'm not mixing
> different header versions, I stopped everything and removed the entire
> 2.0 install beforehand.
>
> I'll re-check again, thanks for responding,

Ok, it's obvious that I mixed things up, I'm very sorry about that.
Should I therefore resolve the ticket as "invalid" ?

There's still one more item: Commit r10796 introduces "isfinite", which
is unavailable on Solaris.  If it doesn't break anything, then I'd like
to propose to change "isfinite" into "finite".

Cheers,
	Martin.