[postgis-devel] Building the extension on Solaris/amd64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu May 16 08:37:55 PDT 2013

On 16/05/13 15:07, Sandro Santilli wrote:

Hi strk,

>> It fails after building liblwgeom during the postgis build part with
>> the following:
>>
>> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
>> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
>> -fwrapv -g -fpic -I/home/pg90/rel/include -I/home/pg90/rel/include
>> -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I../liblwgeom -I../libpgcommon -I. -I.
>> -I/home/pg90/rel-9.0.7/include/postgresql/server
>> -I/home/pg90/rel-9.0.7/include/postgresql/internal -D_GNU_SOURCE
>> -c -o lwgeom_export.o lwgeom_export.c
>> lwgeom_export.c: In function ‘LWGEOM_asGML’:
>> lwgeom_export.c:174:18: error: ‘OUT_MAX_DOUBLE_PRECISION’ undeclared
>
> Is liblwgeom.h under any of the directories passed to -I
> in the above call ?

Yes - it would have been installed in /home/pg90/rel/include by the
previous "make install" from when I built PostGIS 2.0.

>> I've included the flags above so that you can compare. The reason I
>> pass in a separate includedir and libdir is because I effectively
>> chroot my PostGIS development under a separate unix user so that
>> whatever I'm developing against doesn't start overwriting the system
>> libraries I have installed as packages.
>
> Can you reproduce without those switches ?

I don't know as I have never built PostGIS as root ;)  If I don't add
them, then libtool tries to install the liblwgeom files into /usr/local
and fails because it requires root privilege.

ATB,

Mark.