[postgis-devel] GEOS changes breaking PostGIS testcases

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu May 30 13:36:30 PDT 2013

FYI: I've committed improvements for the GEOS snapping algorithm, so that
ST_Snap is less likely to return invalid (collapsed) geometries.

Unfortunately some of the topology tests in PostGIS are expecting
outputs due to collapses and thus will now fail until tweaked.

I'm planning to change the expectances to match the new GEOS results
but of course doing so would mean the tests will fail with latest
GEOS release instead. Better ideas ?

Ticket: http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2346