[postgis-devel] ST_CircularString and circle definition

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Oct 9 02:42:17 PDT 2013

On 9 October 2013 10:27, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> Mateusz, beside reading the book, have you tried the actual code ?

No, I haven't and I rely solely on the documentation(s) here.

> I suggest you make some tests and file tickets if appropriate
> (there might be some already, about curves).

Tests without background about implementation decisions may be misleading here.
Before I file a ticket, I need to know if the implementation vs spec difference
is an intentional feature, and why.

It is curious why both, PostGIS and SQL Server, implement (document)
different definition of circle.
It makes me wonder if the spec may actually change to accommodate
issues (unknown to me) revealed by the implementations.
The only SQL/MM documents I have access to are working drafts.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net