[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] linking 2 topogeometries of different nature

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 22 06:42:11 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 03:28:00PM +0200, RĂ©mi Cura wrote:
> (switching to devel list)
> What would you think of 2 functions :
>
> GetRelatedPuntal(Lineal)
> GetRelatedLineal (Puntal)
>
> This function would allow, when having a lineal, to get puntal sharing a
> node;
> and when having a puntal, to get part of a lineal sharing node with it.
>
> precise signature being :
>
> SET OF id_topogeom GetRelatedLineal( a_puntal_topogeom_name,
> a_puntal_topogeom_layer_id )

Why do you mention "part of a lineal", if the signature returns
a full TopoGeometry (by id) ? What's a "topogeom name" ?

The functions you suggest seem very specific to your need, not sure it
would make sense to have them in core. I think we do have a function
to get a list of primitives from a TopoGeometry. Maybe a generic missing
function is one to get a list of TopoGeometry from primitives.