[postgis-devel] [postgis-users] linking 2 topogeometries of different nature

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 28 04:56:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:00:59AM +0100, RĂ©mi Cura wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Hey Sandro.
>
> The first beta version of the function is completed.
>  ** GetRelatedTopogeom(source_topo topogeometry, target_topo_layer_id INT);
> **
> It returns set of topogeometry of the layer target_topo_layer_id that may
> be affected by a change in topogeometry source_topo.

Uhm, I just realized there's a conceptual bug here.
The only TopoGeometry objects that would be affected by a change in
another TopoGeometry object are those used by hierarchical layers.

TopoGeometry objects are only defined by relations, if you _change_
a TopoGeometry you basically change its set of relations, which
doesn't affect other sets.