[postgis-devel] ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPGRADE to '2.1.1'

Markus Wanner markus at bluegap.ch
Wed Sep 25 12:22:04 PDT 2013

On 09/23/2013 10:29 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> This has been failing for people using packages to manage their
> postgis, because upgrading their postgis2 package is removing the old
> postgis-2.0.so and installing a postgis-2.1.so file.

Minor correction here: that's for people using RPM packages.

On Debian, the situation is different, but also broken. More obviously,
though: postgis-2.1 will simply fail to install if there already is a
postgis-2.0 package installed.

We're currently thinking about how to solve this issue. I'd really like
to not break postgis-2.0 installations on upgrades, though...

Regards

Markus Wanner