[postgis-devel] PSC/Development Vote -- Baris to release upcoming 2.1.3 jars and manually sign

Baris Ergun barisergun75 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 22:53:32 PDT 2014

On 28 April 2014 21:55, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

>  Baris,
>
> Possibly stupid questions
> 1) What is the jdbc_jtsparser for vs. the current jdbc

It is basically Parser between JTS and PostGIS geometry formats. So that
for instance if someone uses JTS( Java Toplogy Suite) 2D Geometry objects
on her/him POJOs it is there for binary writing to or binary reading from
postgresql database. It was tailored long time ago and was put under
jdbc/jtssrc folder. So I just moved it out of that folder and made it a
separate maven project which is depending on the artifact of main jdbc
project. It depends on it because it is build on top of the DriverWrapper
and ByteGetter ByteSetter, StringByteGetter , ValueSetter like classes. In
other words Jdbc handling is in jdbc project, jtsparser brings support for
JTS classes on top of it.

> 2) Can we have parent pom at root of Java that runs the child poms

Perfectly yes.  I may prepare a pom only project under java named
postgis_maven_parent and make those 2 projects use it. It also will have
advantage of reusing pluginManagement pom.xml definitions on both projects.

> right now in Jenkins I have two separate jobs going -- 1 to build the
> jdbc and one to build the jdbc_jtsparser. Both get dumped here:
> http://postgis.net/stuff/
>

>  For some reason (possibly ineptness on my part), I can't get this into
> one maven job.
> It's my understanding that if we have a parent pom (possibly in java
> folder), I can just call that to build both.
>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13988469/maven-multi-module-pom-and-jenkins-jobs
>
> Is that possible or am I totally misunderstanding this.
>
> Thanks,
> Regina

Barış