[postgis-devel] Upgrade scripts and .sql care

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat Feb 22 08:22:10 PST 2014

In an attempt to avoid uselessly drop/recreate of aggregates
that haven't changed between versions, I've been making
some changes in the way the upgrade scripts are generated.

First of all I made the raster upgrade scripts generated
using postgis_proc_upgrade.pl, to centralize handling a little bit.

Then I've had the script read "Availability" or "Changed" comments
above aggregates to determine when the aggregate definition was
last changed. Based on that information, aggregates that were last
changed _before_ the upgrade path origin are NOT dropped/recreated
but simply skipped.

Upgrade tests are very welcome!

REF: http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2560

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt