[postgis-devel] [transifex] Translating code comments and commands output?

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jan 3 07:21:28 PST 2014

Hi,

One of members of Polish translators team asked this question,
but I am not sure myself So, here we go:

1. Should SQL code comments be translated?

IMHO, yes as in that context they are part of documentation, not implementation,
so they carry important information for (international) users.

2. Should commands (psql and others) output be translated?

At first, I think yes, but then I realised it's locale-dependant
and chances are not all commands or strings are translated.

So, if we translate commands output in docs, users may expect to
see the same translation in console.

Any recommendations?
What teams translating to other languages do?

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net