[postgis-devel] Lacking of exact knn-gist?

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Fri Jan 17 16:30:16 PST 2014

this post has a decent example of the use (and limitation) of the
existing KNN operators

    http://blog.light42.com/wordpress/?p=102

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:04:24 -0500, Paul Ramsey
  wrote:

       Alex,

This piece of the workshop gives some visuals about how unpleasant
reasoning abound nearest neighbour using boxes is. (It’s almost
embarrassing trying to explain it to people)

http://workshops.boundlessgeo.com/postgis-intro/knn.html

You can pull the NYC roads data from the associated data package and
replicate the results.
I can prepare something more plug-n-play (dump file and SQL examples)
when I get back home if needed.

P.

--
Paul Ramsey
http://cleverelephant.cahttp://postgis.net

On January 17, 2014 at 9:01:33 AM, Alexander Korotkov