[postgis-devel] Regarding Sp-gist implementation in postgis

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Jul 18 00:54:07 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:20:17PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:

> I wantedly defined no operators for the opclass. Only functions.

I understand sp-gist access method _requires_ defining operators to
implement a set of strategies (numbers 1,5,6,8,10,11).

Anyway, as the error talks about missing support function instead...
I tried installing your version of PostGIS [1] and here's what I get:

spgist=# create table t(g geometry);
CREATE TABLE
spgist=# create index on t using spgist(g);
DEBUG:  building index "t_g_idx" on table "t"
!>

Maybe the message you're getting is just misleading due to a memory
bug triggering arbitrary pieces of code ?

I suggest you add more debugging prints in your code, and also it may
be useful to take a look at what you got so far with valgrind:
http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2008/08/valgrinding-postgis.html

[1] https://github.com/mohitkharb/postgis/tree/spgist