[postgis-devel] Regarding Sp-gist implementation in postgis

mohit kumar mohitkharb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:45:51 PDT 2014

Hi strk,
Now another error is coming :
mohit at mohit-Inspiron-1545:~/builds/source/postgis$ >echo "create index on
points using spgist(point(g));" | valgrind --leak-check=yes
--log-file=valgrindlog /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres --single postgis -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/
create index on points using spgist(point(g));: command not found
FATAL:  configuration file "/usr/local/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf" contains
errors

It seems valgrind is not able to connect to the database as the same error
is coming with other commands as well. The whole i/o is here
http://pastebin.com/kRqQbXXd

The postgresql.conf file is not accesible for modifications.

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 04:46:55PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> > Hi strk,
> > As my system crashed and I had to build everything again. Now Even I am
> > getting the same error.
> > test1=# create index on points using spgist(g);
> > The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
> > !>
> >
> > While using valgrind debuging the following error comes :
> > mohit at mohit-Inspiron-1545:~/builds/source/postgis$ echo "create index on
> > points using spgist(g);" | valgrind --leak-check=yes
> --log-file=valgrindlog
> > /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres -D /usr/local/pgdata --single postgis
> > FATAL:  --single requires a value
>
> Just move "--single postgis" before "-D /usr/local/pgdata"
> It always strikes me too
>
> --strk;

Mohit Kumar
+91-970-3840-175
Lab For Spatial Informatics
International Institute of Information Technology
Hyderabad, India