[postgis-devel] Contributing via pull requests (was: "Gsoc weekly report 4": Implement sp-gist) clustering in PostGIS and cartoDB

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 25 03:56:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 03:56:58PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
> I have updated the trunk branch in my system already. Not able to send the
> pull request as I have cloned the svn-trunk branch in my system. I dont
> have my branch so not able to make a pull request. or should I push the
> code on the "svn-trunk" branch?

I guess you mean you don't have your github fork ?
I'd recommend getting an online repository to easy operations in the future.
Doesn't need to be on github, as long as I can access your branch :)
hint: https://gitorious.org/

Anyway for this time you could use git-format-patch(1).
For example:

  git format-patch origin/svn-trunk

Or even git diff:

  git diff origin/svn-trunk > spgist.patch

And attach the patch to the trac ticket:
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1847

Note that git-format-patch would create a patch for each and every commit.
I'd prefer a single file instead. You could squash-rebase your local branch
against current official "svn-trunk" to obtain the single-file patch, which
would be also recommended for the patch (to ensure it applies cleanly)

Let me know if you need any help with git.
Consider also asking in the #git IRC channel on freenode.

--strk;

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> > Mohit, any news about sp-gist indexes support on Geometry ?
> > Midterm evaluation is due in 2 days ...
> > I'm looking forward for a pull request adding that.
> >
> > --strk;
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 07:11:26PM +0530, mohit kumar wrote:
> > > Thanks Strk,
> > > Will revert back to you in a day.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mohit

> >  and

> --
> Mohit Kumar
> +91-970-3840-175
> Lab For Spatial Informatics
> International Institute of Information Technology
> Hyderabad, India

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt